Near-Mage is a narrative-heavy adventure game with a bit of role-playing DNA that aims to appeal to hardcore players of the genre and newcomers alike.
· Study spell crafting in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick as a mage-in-training: a Near-Mage;
· Experience a deep and engaging story that plays like an adventure game;
· Craft your own spell inventory, use it with different results in every play-through;
· Dozens of unique characters in and around the Institute for Magick - your spells change their lives for better or worse;
· Vampyres, pricolitch, moroi, strigoi, ghouls, shtima, and more mythical Romanian creatures to interact with;
· Over 80 lushly rendered environments hand-painted in glorious 4K resolution;
· Traditionally animated frame-by-frame;
· Darkly colorful atmosphere bolstered by meticulous on-location research of myths and folklore;
· Rich cinematic orchestral score (recorded with live instruments if stretch goal is reached);
· Fully voiced by professional actors (if stretch goal is reached)
· Dozens of itemized outfits and hairstyles to customize your main character;
· Switch from pointing and clicking with your mouse to direct control via gamepad on the fly;
· A game about Transylvania made by Transylvanians!